NFQ Level 8, Major Award
The Higher Diploma in Sustainability and Climate Action for Enterprise is a 1 year full-time programme.
For information about modules, module choice, options and credit weightings, please go to Programme Requirements.
|Students take 60 credits as follows – all listed core modules (50 credits) and 10 credits of elective modules:|
|CE4025||Leadership in Sustainability in Enterprise||5|
|CE5009||Circular Economy Energy and Environmental Systems||5|
|CE5010||Progressing Toward Sustainable Industry||5|
|EC3156||Environmental Economics: The Problem of Climate Change||5|
|FE2012||Sustainability in Modern Businesses||5|
|MG5005||Marketing Ethics and Sustainability||5|
|NE5003||Sustainable Energy Futures||5|
|PE3011||Sustainability and Environmental Protection I||5|
|Students take modules to the value of 10 credits from the following:||10|
|Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (10)|
|Environmental Impact Assessments (5)|
|Marketing and Communications for Sustainable Food Production and Consumption (5)|
|Consumer Behaviour and Sustainable Consumption (5)|
|Management in Practice (5)|
|Sociology of the Environment (5)|
Programme Learning Outcomes
Programme Learning Outcomes for Higher Diploma in Sustainability in Enterprise (NFQ Level 8, Major award)
On successful completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Identify and critically analyse key challenges associated with environmental sustainability in business.
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills needed to develop solutions to challenges and decisions facing businesses in responding to environmental sustainability issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the circular economy; decarbonising energy systems, production and supply chains; future scenario planning; strategic sustainability thinking; organisational change management; and how decision-making happens in businesses.
- Apply complex systems thinking, circular economy thinking, and interdisciplinary thinking by combining and considering technological, economic, social, business, managerial and environmental challenges, in transitioning to a circular and net-zero carbon business.
- Employ business skills required to transition to environmentally sustainable net-zero carbon business practices through circularity and decarbonisation.